Bobby 1P429

XD

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Poem

Hi guys! Im going to answer a few questions about the poem, '2 mothers in a h d b playground'.
1. What expectations do parents have for you?
My parents are same as all other parents; they expect me to do well in my studies and exams. They often say that if my results are good, I will be able to lead a good life in future and I would be able to provide myself with the best. My parents also expect to respect others; this is because if I respect others, people will respect me too.
2. What expectations as Singaporeans would you have for your children?
As Singaporeans, I expect my children to do well in their studies so as to bring himself pride while facing other parents and earning more money in future to live better. Singapore parents often like to ask about results when meeting with others’ child; hence if my child has good results, he will be respected. I would also expect him to be able to communicate with others well as if he is able to communicate well with others, he will gain respect.
3. Would the expectations of the two generations differ?
I do not think so. This is because both generations of parents want their children to be good and able to lead a good life when they grow up. Another reason is that the second generation is taught by the first generation; hence the second generation would most likely follow what is being taught to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home